Before the outspread of coronavirus, town hall meetings use to be conducted in physical venues in hotels or convention halls that can host more than hundreds of participants for the live event. But due to the government restrictions in event hosting to prevent large groups of social gathering. Many companies have forced to either cancel their Townhall meetings or hosting their events online via live streaming services.
However, most companies will choose to convert their Townhall meetings to a hybrid event as it is an important business event where employees will take part in the company’s issues, getting updates on the company’s revenue performance, and understand the company’s directive and goals from their top management or directors.
The good thing about live streaming a Townhall event is that it can still serve its purpose to engage the employees to focus on the company’s policy and directives with the need to join the event personally. This is because the participants of the virtual Townhall meeting can watch the event using their laptop or smartphone and give their comments or feedback using the available features in the live streaming platform during the event.
Other benefits of hosting a live streaming Townhall event is the cost and time saving since you do not spend additional time, money, and resources to rent venues for the meeting, arranging catering services, and paid for the flight tickets and hotel accommodation for invited overseas guests just to name a few examples. This means that the virtual Townhall event can connect to their overseas employees or business clients online to participate in the event based in real-time.
When it comes to Live streaming a virtual Townhall meeting, there is a lot of planning and organizing involved in the process to host such events and this is even before the event planners hired professional video studio agencies like Spring Forest Studio in Singapore to set up the live streaming event for the Townhall meeting.
While the planning process is important to make sure that the Townhall meeting is successful. The event planners or the project team will work on these fundamental steps as shown below.
- Creating content that communicates a clear message in mind.
– This will allow the top management to communicate the company goals and priorities to their employees during the Townhall event.
- Make the presentation interactive and authentic.
– This will help to support the focus of the employees especially for those attending the event online.
3. Use the available tools to encourage engagement with the online audience.
– It will help the host speaker to keep the topic “alive” to the online participants by using online tools such as online polls, webchats, and Q&A sessions to increase the engagement level of the participants during the live streaming event.
- Collecting feedback,
– After the virtual Townhall meeting, it is essential to gather feedback from the participants using the online tools available to have a better understanding of their thoughts and opinions of the company’s performance and goals. This also helps to improve the employee’s morale and increases their loyalty to the company as they feel that their opinions have valued by their boss.
When the first planning has done for the virtual Townhall event, the next vital step is to choose a reliable video studio a company that has the relevant experience and expertise to help the event planners or the project team in setting up the live streaming event.
In Singapore, Spring Forest Studio is one of the few video studio companies that have the ability and capacity to help their clients in producing successful Townhall virtual events as they have good working experience and a strong team of stage crew who are experts in live streaming events. You can give Spring Forest studio a call to see how they can assist you.