So you want to start a streaming network? The first step is simple: come up with a great idea. The second step? Not so much. Below, we’ll walk you through the basics of how to turn that great idea into an actual functioning business. Happy streaming!
- Figure out your content strategy. What kind of shows will you be streaming? How often will new episodes be released? What is your target demographic?
- Create a budget. How much money do you have to invest in this venture? How much can you afford to spend on each episode? Is there outside funding available?
- Assemble your team. Do you have the technical expertise to stream your own content, or will you need to hire someone? Who will write and direct the shows? Who will handle social media and marketing?
- Choose your platform. There are a number of different streaming platforms available, so it’s important to choose the one that’s right for you. If you’re just getting started, YouTube and Vimeo are good options. If you want more control over your content, consider building your own website or app.
- Promote, promote, promote! Getting the word out about your new streaming network is essential for its success. Utilize social media, email marketing, and good old-fashioned word of mouth to let people know about your shows.
Starting a streaming network is a lot of work, but it’s also a lot of fun. By following the steps outlined above, you’ll be well on your way to success. And who knows? Maybe someday people will be saying “I binge-watched that show on so-and-so’s streaming network.” Good luck!